Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Lent: Not giving up on Mr. Rogers

March 20 is Mr. Rogers' birthday.

I remember watching Mr. Rogers growing up. I didn't watch a whole lot of TV growing up, my parents were pretty careful with what they let us watch. But we watched Mr. Rogers. And we learned. We learned about the world. And imagination. And creativity. And being a decent human being. And respecting differences. And kindness.

I loved Mr. Rogers. Everybody loves Mr. Rogers. Even the ever-snarky Cracked.com loves Mr. Rogers.

So here's to Mr. Rogers, and all the things he taught us, and a vision of a world where imagination breaks down barriers and everybody is a neighbor.

Let's listen to what that wonderful Presbyterian minister (I wonder how Reformed his theology was?) had to tell us. Let's grow some new things in the gardens of our minds:



This Lent, I'm not giving up on Mr. Rogers.

No comments:

Post a Comment