December 3, 2017
Preaching at Dumbarton UMC
Part of a series on the characters of the Nativity, my sermon will focus on Elizabeth and Zechariah and the themes of speech and silence.
January 7, 2018
Preaching at Cleveland Park Congregational UCC
I'll be sharing a message for Epiphany Sunday.
April 29, 2018
Book talk at Cleveland Park Congregational UCC
Come hear me read from Christ on the Psych Ward and share a bit about how faith communities can be in faithful ministry alongside people with mental health struggles
May 2, 2018
Book talk at Asbury First UMC Rochester
Part of a four-session study on the intersections between mental health, church and faith.
Invite me to speak:
Is your organization, faith community, or conference interested in having deeper discussions about mental health, mental illness, and spirituality? I'd love to come and talk with you!
I'm happy to do any of the following:
- give a sermon for a weekly worship gathering
- lead a Bible study relevant to those struggling with mental health
- speak about my upcoming book, Christ on the Psych Ward, and create a safe space for others to share their stories
- facilitate a workshop on ministry with folks struggling with mental health crises
|Speaking at the Wild Goose Festival in July 2015|
If you're curious about the kind of thing you might hear when I give a talk, here's a few examples:
- This blog post summarizes the talks I gave at this summer's Wild Goose Festival
- We did a live recording of our podcast at Wild Goose, which gives you a bit of a taste of my approach to Bible study
- And you can follow this link to hear a recent sermon I shared during a Sunday morning worship service
Want to know more, or just chat about possibilities? Send me an email!